WHAT we do
Wildlands’ work is structured around a set of activities that combine to form a holistic approach to creating sustainable communities that will underwrite the sustainable future that we believe is possible.
- Nurturing the development of waste-preneurs, tree-preneurs and food-preneurs that collect recycling, grow trees and organic food, and then barter what they have grown and collected for food, clothes, education support, building material, water tanks, solar water heaters, solar powered lighting and bicycles;
- Nurturing the growth of these individuals into green-preneurs – bike-preneurs, cell-preneurs, water-preneurs, food-preneurs, etc… who harness the opportunities to become viable small businesses in their own right.
- Establishing partnerships that enable effective waste recycling, servicing businesses, academic learning, residential, charitable and government communities.
- Helping communities restore the ecosystems that provide life support; their forests, rivers, wetlands and grasslands.
- Supporting the expansion of the “conservation footprint”; protecting areas that underwrite ecosystem function and supporting the establishment of Climate Change Adaptation corridors.
- Securing the conservation of rare and threatened species.
- Facilitating the development of responsible eco-tourism related opportunities, including guiding, lodges, campsites, sustainable natural resource harvesting and game farming.
- Our green-preneur Rewards, through which green-preneurs, who meet tree propagation and waste collection targets, are taken on environmental experiences.
- Our Wild Series Big Day Out series.
- Our Women in Conservation experiences, through which we encourage dialogue between women who are leading the environmental revolution.
- Our KidZones for all our ‘Green Heroes’ at Wild Series events as well as at the Durban Old Mutual Music at the Lake concerts.
- We provide Wildlands Community Facilitators, Green Team Members, Ecosystem Restoration Teams and Green-preneurs with Enterprise Development training.